Vendor Setup Forms and Instructions
For US citizens and permanent residents: Complete the documents below and fax to UH System Accounts Payable at 713-743-0521:
- Vendor Coversheet for Individuals
- W-9 Form
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form (Non-Employees Only). UHS employees should enroll in AP Direct Deposit through PASS (https://my.uh.edu/) after they are setup as a vendor in the AP vendor file. Instructions for UH employees
- For U.S. Businesses/Independent Contractors/Organizations: Complete the documents below and fax to UH System Accounts Payable at 713-743-0521:
Non-U.S. citizens and Businesses/Organizations: Complete the documents below and fax to UH System Accounts Payable at 713-743-0521:
- Vendor Coversheet for Non-US Individuals and Businesses/Organizations
- W-8 Form
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form (US Bank Accounts Only). UHS employees should enroll in AP Direct Deposit through PASS (https://my.uh.edu/) after they are setup as a vendor in the AP vendor file. Non-US individuals and businesses/organizations without a US bank account are not required to submit a Direct Deposit Authorization Form. A check will be mailed to the vendor’s address. Instructions for UH employees
Official Tax Documents
- Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification — This tax exempt form should be presented when making any purchases with your personal credit/bank cards or cash. The University of Houston does NOT reimburse for any taxes, under any circumstances. This certificate and, if necessary, Comptroller's letter should be supplied to vendors when making purchases which qualify for exemption from Texas Sales and Use Tax.
- Form W-9 — This form should be sent to any company that pays the University of Houston and requests a Taxpayer Identification Number. Also, a letter from the Internal Revenue Service is included that verifies the University's Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Certificate — This certificate should be given to the motor vehicle rental company to be exempt from Motor Vehicle Tax.
- Non-travel reimbursement request form. The Reimbursement Request form must be completely filled out and include a purpose (reason the material/s are needed: i.e., for undergraduate lab, research, etc.) and benefit (how the monies expended benefit the account charged). Approval must be given by the Department Chair for charges on Dept funds; by the faculty/P.I. or advisor for charges related to research funds. One can scan the completed document to the CLERICAL directory on the Konica Minolta Bitzhub machine or your scanned documents can be emailed to CHBEorders [at] gmail [dot] com. ORIGINAL RECEIPTS need to be filed with the Reimbursement Request. Remember reimbursement have to be generated within 60 days from the date of purchase!
- Purchase request form. The Purchase Request must be completely filled out and include a purpose & benefit (as to how the items being requested relate to one’s project) along with copies of any price quotes received via email or quoted prices from an on-line catalog. An approval signature should be obtained from the faculty member whose grant is being used to pay for the items requested. Once the above has been completed, one can scan the document to the CLERICAL directory on the Konica Minolta Bitzhub machine or your scanned documents can be emailed to CHBEorders [at] gmail [dot] com. State/Local funds require a quote for all purchases!
- Machine shop work request
- Key request form.
Please prepare a travel request prior to any travel within or outside of Texas. The expense report needs to be completed after the trip.
- Travel request form
- Travel expense report
- Mileage report
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate
Faculty Textbook Ordering
- To place textbook orders (orders for the Fall term should be placed by April), please go to this link. Under the 'Textbooks' tab, click “Faculty Resources”. You will need to set up an account.
- To create an account, hit adopt – this will take you to a page asking you to sign in or create an account. After creating your account, you can highlight adopt, then choose to create new or find previous books for the courses.
- To find an old text used, hit find my school adoptions and fill in the blanks after. This will get you to your previous texts and you “adopt” it and then go to the bottom and hit select course. From there fill in the required fields for your upcoming course.
- You should receive an email confirmation from FacultyEnlight indicating that the order request has been received.